- This mobile device application, namely, “Legalask” mobile application (“the Application”) is owned and operated by Yiu & Associates, Solicitors (“the Company” or “We”). We respect personal data and is committed to full implementation and compliance with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 (“the Ordinance”). This Policy is applicable to all of our users as well as any other persons that their personal data is collected, by whatever means, used and held by us.
- Kinds of Personal Data Collected, Used and Held
- Only your name, address, email address and contact number will be collected, used and held by the Company. Since it is a mobile application (“Apps”), International Mobile Station Equipment (“IMEI”) number or Universal Unique Identifier (“UUID”) number will also be collected, used and held by the Apps service provider.
- Apart from the information above, no other personal data will be collected by us.
- Purposes of the Personal Data are Held
- You may provide us with your personal data at your own will. For purchasing and using the services under this Application, all personal data, i.e. your name, address, email address and contact number are regarded as mandatory. Your purchase/service request will not be considered if you do not want us to collect the said mandatory data.
- We will use your personal data for the following purposes: –
(a) Identification and verification: verification of identity for handling requests of access, correction and erasure of personal data;
(b) Communication: communicating with you and taking instructions from you;
(c) Member Account and Activity Handling: registration for membership; identity verification; purchase and activity contact, etc;
(d) Statistics: carry out statistics and data analysis, measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches and users’ preference, such analysis will contain only anonymous data for our reference as well as improving our service quality and the quality service; and
(e) Security: for fraud and hacking prevention so as to impose related restrictions and account bans to violators.
- Retention of Personal Data
- We will retain all your personal data for so long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) for which they were collected and of the legal requirements.
- If you desire to erase your personal data from our electronic databases after ceasing to use the Application, please contact us at contact number 2368 2228 /by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our information and data are stored and maintained in our electronic database, facilities, servers and back-up servers which may be located outside your country, where the legal protection and standard of security requirements may not be equivalent to the same provided by and legally required by the applicable laws and regulations of your country. You hereby expressly consent on our transferring, storing, maintain and retaining all your information and data in our electronic databases, facilitates, servers and back-up servers located outside your country for the purposes referred to in Clause 3.
- All your personal data relating to IMEI or UUID collected by Application service provider will be destroyed 24 months after the service request.
- Accuracy and Change of Personal Data
- In order to ensure the correctness of the members’ personal data, particularly contact details, retained by the Company, you may receive our request of confirmation or verification. Please feel free to contact us for correction or change of personal data or opt-out from receiving future direct promotional and marketing information.
- Personal Data Handling and Security Measures
- Apart from statutory requirements and/or the purposes stated hereinabove, the personal data we collected about you will not be transferred or disclosed to any other party without your prior approval.
- We have established in place security measures and monitoring procedures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of the data. All personnel that may access to the data will be ensured complying with the requirements of data protection.
- Our security measures are listed below:
(a) Controls on password complexity, re-tries or resets are implemented to prevent passwords from being compromised;
(b) Advanced encryption technology is used to protect the safety of personal data (including names, email addresses, telephone numbers, address and transaction record, etc) during transmission. Our SecureSocketLayer (SSL) system will prevent your data being transmitted from unauthorized interception or access by third parties;
(c) Only the personnel that have been trained with the strict privacy guidelines and procedures are authorized to access or handle your personal data. Such personnel are accountable for non-compliance with the related obligations; and
(d) The security system will be reviewed regularly.
- Limitation of Liability
- We have implemented all reasonably practicable procedures, measures and steps to safeguard the security of your personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is totally secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Third Party Application
- After clicking on an advertisement or a hyperlink button on our Application, you may have left our Application and entered the application of a Company’s advertising client, content provider, supplier, associated company or business partner. Your visit to these third parties’ applications is not protected by this Policy.
- These third parties’ applications are not owned or controlled by the Company. We have not authorized them to collect any personal data from you. Therefore, we are not responsible for any exposure of your data at these applications or losses arising from a third party application’s practice or policy.
- Please contact the manager or owner of such applications directly for any enquiries or questions about their own privacy practices or policies.
- We may use “Cookies” to improve our internet service and enhance your online experience. Cookies are small file that are automatically stored on your web browser in your computer that can be retrieved by the Application. Cookies may be used to remember you and your preferences when you visit the Application and enable us to tailor the Application to your needs. The information collected by Cookies is anonymous visitor’s personalized settings information and contains no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email or any other means. We will not collect any personal data from you when the cookies are being used. You can disable cookies by changing the settings of your web browser. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and/or device.
- Access to Personal Data
- Under the Ordinance, you have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, your personal data in relation to your application. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Contact Us
- Effective Date